Abandon yourself to
To abandon yourself to something is to give in to it completely.
- The kids abandoned themselves to the joys of summer vacation.
- The dancers swung their bodies with wild abandon.
Be of no account
If something is of no account to you, it is of no importance to you.
- Money was of no account to them.
Act on behalf of someone
To represent the interests of someone
- I am standing here on behalf of my countrymen.
Act of God
This expression is used to refer to an event caused by natural forces beyond the control of human beings.
- Floods are an act of God.
Be angling for
To try to get something by indirectly prompting someone to offer it
- She was angling for his support.
The apple of your eye
A person you are extremely fond of.
- She is the apple of her father’s eye.
Upset the apple cart
To upset the apple cart is to spoil a plan.
- Now don’t upset the apple cart by raising silly objections.