Easier Said Than Done | English Idioms
This is a cliché said of a task that is easier to talk about than to do.
- Finding a cure for cancer is easier said than done.
- I know I must find a good job, but it is easier said than done.
- He thinks he can solve the problem. He doesn’t realize that it is easier said than done.
- A lot of people think that stock trading is all about buying stocks when they are down and selling them when they are up, but it is easier said than done.
Other sentences that express similar ideas are:
- It is a whole lot harder than you think.
- I thought that it was easy, but I was mistaken.
- It was not as easy as I thought.