GRE Verbal Ability Test
In the following questions sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the best alternative.
1. Boswell’s Life of Samuel Johnson is considered to be the greatest —————— ever written.
2. A light rain —————- to the humidity.
3. It is his —————— nature which made him continue where many a lesser mortal would have given up.
4. The suspect was taken to the court but the —————— revealed nothing.
5. Raj made blasphemous statements on the religious leaders and was —————-.
6. He is so —————– to light that he never leaves the house without sun glasses.
7. Her spectacles simply would not rest on the ——————– of her nose.
8. Alice pulled a ——————- face when she was told that she could not go to the cinema.
9. His films are a class ——————– themselves.
10. He ——————- through the nose for his inability to take prompt action.