Phrasal Verbs | E
Here is a list of phrasal verbs beginning with the letter E. Each phrasal verb is followed by its meaning. Example sentences are also given.
Eat away = destroy gradually
- Recession has eaten away profits.
- Termites have eaten away the furniture.
Eat up (separable) = devour
- He was so hungry he ate the cake up.
Eat in = eat inside the home
- She doesn’t like to eat in. She only eats restaurant food.
Eat out = eat outside the home
- How often do you eat out?
- They eat out very often.