Play And Game Difference
Play and game as nouns
A play is a piece of dramatic literature, written for the theatre, radio or television.
- ‘King Lear’ is my favorite among the plays written by Shakespeare.
- She writes plays for television.
A game is an activity of some sort. Examples are: chess, tennis or football.
Play as a verb
We play games or musical instruments.
- Who is playing the piano?
- Would you like to play tennis with me?
People act in plays or films.
Play can mean act before the name of a character in a play or film.
- Who plays Rose in the film ‘Titanic’?