Punctuate the following sentences. Add capital letters wherever necessary.
Always start a sentence with a capital letter.
- Capitalize the first letter of a proper noun. The names of people, countries, cities, towns, languages, rivers, organizations and books are all proper nouns.
- Put a question mark at the end of a question.
- Put an exclamation mark at the end of an exclamatory sentence.
- Separate the items in a list with a comma.
Punctuation worksheet for class 4
1. rani and supriya have been close friends since their school days
2. what were you doing at 8 pm yesterday night
3. do you know where shyam has gone
4. hundreds of languages are spoken in india
5. what a wonderful sight
6. did you have any difficulty finding my home
7. have you got any letters for me
8. how beautifully she sings
9. I have bought apples oranges mangoes and grapes
10. ravi raghu sunny and rahul are coming to the party
11. we went to kashmir for holiday
12. how do you know kishan
13. who will look after your dogs when you are away
14. india shares her borders with pakistan bangladesh nepal and china
15. somebody is standing at the gate who can it be
16. let there be no problems between you and i
17. how will you recognise him
18. english is the most widely spoken language in the world
19. hurrah we have won
20. i met shyams sister at the party
21. theyre waiting for us
22. ranis brother is a soldier
23. its going to rain
24. i havent heard from them yet
1. Rani and Supriya have been close friends since their school days.
2. What were you doing at 8 pm yesterday night?
3. Do you know where Shyam has gone?
4. Hundreds of languages are spoken in India.
5. What a wonderful sight!
6. Did you have any difficulty finding my home?
7. Have you got any letters for me?
8. How beautifully she sings!
9. I have bought apples, oranges, mangoes and grapes.
10. Ravi, Raghu, Sunny and Rahul are coming to the party.
11. We went to Kashmir for holiday.
12. How do you know Kishan?
13. Who will look after your dogs when you are away?
14. India shares her borders with Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and China.
15. Somebody is standing at the gate. Who can it be?
16. Let there be no problems between you and I.
17. How will you recognise him?
18. English is the most widely spoken language in the world.
19. Hurrah! We have won.
20. I met Shyam’s sister at the party.
21. They’re waiting for us.
22. Rani’s brother is a soldier.
23. It’s going to rain.
24. I haven’t heard from them yet.