Talking about Yourself | English Speaking Lesson
Here are some expressions you can use to talk about yourself.
Use I’m to say what your name is…
- Hi, I’m Stella – I’m a friend of Sophia.
- I’m Rahul – I’m your teacher.
In a more formal style, say My name is ….
- My name is Guatam.
To say how old you are, use I’m…
- I’m twenty-two. Or I’m twenty-two years old.
To ask how old somebody is, use How old are you?
Use I’m to give general information about yourself.
- I’m a teacher.
- I’m your neighbor.
- I’m married.
- I’m looking to buy a car.
- I’m happy to hear this.
- I’m from India.
- We’re from Poland.
To give more information about your job, use I work…
- I work in Chennai.
- I work as a graphics designer.
- I work for an insurance company.
To ask people what their job is, use What do you do?
- ‘What do you do?’ ‘I’m a mechanic.’
To say where you live, use I live….
- I live in Kerala.
- I live near the sea.
To ask people where they live, use Where are you from? Or Where do you live?
- ‘Where do you live?’ ‘I live in Mumbai.’