Tenses Exercise For Class 8
Complete the following sentences using an appropriate simple present or simple past tense form.
1. He ——————— he is above playing with us. (think)
2. She ———————– two pounds an hour. (earn)
3. The plants ——————— in the absence of water. (die)
4. He ——————— English with an Irish accent. (speak)
5. The cold weather ———————- my health. (affect)
6. They ———————-; they always agree. (not quarrel)
7. Fatty foods ———————- with me. (not agree)
8. The teacher ———————— them an hour for their painting. (allow)
9. Smoking ——————– (not allow)
10. The twins ——————– alike. (look)
11. You alone ——————— my secrets. (know)
12. He ———————– his fortune amongst his three children. (divide)
1. He thinks he is above playing with us.
2. She earns two pounds an hour.
3. The plants died in the absence of water.
4. He speaks English with an Irish accent.
5. The cold weather affects my health. (simple present) / The cold weather affected my health. (simple past)
6. They do not quarrel; they always agree.
7. Fatty foods do not agree with me.
8. The teacher allowed them an hour for their painting.
9. Smoking is not allowed.
10. The twins look alike.
11. You alone know my secrets.
12. He divided his fortune amongst his three children.