Simple Past Tense Worksheet For CBSE Grade 6
In the simple past tense, sentences have the following structure.
Affirmative: Subject + past simple form of the verb + (object / adverbial)
I saw him. (Subject + verb + object)
He went to the market. (Subject + verb + adverbial)
Negative: Subject + did not + base form of the verb + (object /adverbial)
I did not see him. He did not go to the market.
Interrogative: Did + subject + base form of the verb + (object /adverbial)
Did you see him?
Did he go to the market?
Make sentences in the simple past tense.
1. I ——————— your father yesterday. (see)
2. He ———————- nothing about your plans. (say)
3. She ———————- (not move).
4. We ————————- (start) in the morning.
5. I ————————– for him for two hours. (wait)
6. She ——————— (start) teaching at 19.
7. I ———————– (not say) anything to offend him.
8. The allegations ———————- (force) her to quit her job.
9. The man ———————- (leave) in a hurry.
10. She ———————- (want) to leave.
11. I ———————– (not understand) a word.
12. Susie ———————– (go) to the movies with her friends.
13. She ————————– (order) a pizza.
14. He ———————– (eat) nothing.
1. I saw your father yesterday.
2. He said nothing about your plans.
3. She did not move.
4. We started in the morning.
5. I waited for him for two hours.
6. She started teaching at 19.
7. I did not say anything to offend him.
8. The allegations forced her to quit her job.
9. The man left in a hurry.
10. She wanted to leave.
11. I did not understand a word.
12. Susie went to the movies with her friends.
13. She ordered a pizza.
14. He ate nothing.