That’s It | That Is That | And All That | Phrases With That
Here is a list of phrases using the word that. Each phrase is followed by its meaning or definition. Example sentences are also given.
And all that
This phrase is used for saying that you could list more items of the kind you have just mentioned.
- He is crazy about cricket, football, tennis and all that.
- Whenever we meet, we talk about music, movies, girls and all that.
This expression is mainly used for emphasizing. It is said after a remark that makes what you have said before even more extreme.
- There were quite a few problems to be dealt with, and fairly complicated ones at that.
- They threw a party last night, and a big one at that.
That is to say
This expression is used for explaining something you have just said.
- He is not the right person for the job – that is to say he just doesn’t have the required skills.
This expression is also used when you are going to correct something that you have just said.
- I have always enjoyed her company – that is to say until she started dating that guy.
This phrase is used for saying that you are quitting because you are not at all happy with a series of events that took place.
- That’s it! I’m leaving for good.
This phrase is used for saying that something has been finally decided.
- Don’t argue with me. I’ve made up my mind and that’s that.