Nouns That Can Be Followed By Infinitives
You can find English Grammar And Writing lessons here
Many nouns can be followed by an infinitive complement.
- That was a sight to see.
- You have every reason to be happy.
An infinitive can be used after a noun, or an indefinite pronoun such as something, anything, to explain the purpose of a particular thing.
- We need fire to cook food.
- That is something to remember.
- I would like something to eat.
- I need some books to read.
- We are looking for a place to live in.
Infinitives without to
Infinitive with its own subject
For-structures after adjectives
For-structures after verbs
For-structures: other uses
Infinitive clauses of purpose
Verbs that can be followed by infinitives
Adjectives that can be followed by infinitives
Nouns that can be followed by infinitives