Direct And Indirect Speech Exercise For Class 10 CBSE
Sentences are given in the direct speech. Change them into the indirect speech / reported speech.
1. ‘I need to get to the airport by 10 o’clock,’ she told me.
2. ‘I must be back by June 5th,’ she said.
3. ‘I’d like to hire a bike,’ the traveler told the man at the counter.
4. ‘I want to change my ticket,’ she said.
5. ‘Shall we leave our bags here?’ Raju asked his mother.
6. ‘You could stay in an apartment in the city,’ the guide told the traveler.
7. ‘Why not ask Rohan to come and take you?’ mother told me.
8. ‘Why not get up and go early tomorrow morning?’ she said to me.
9. ‘Why not drive there?’ she said to me.
10. ‘Excuse me, is there a garage near here?’ the motorist asked the passerby.
1. She told me that she needed to get to the airport by 10 o’clock.
2. She said that she had to be back by June 5th.
3. The traveler told the man at the counter that he/she would like to hire a bike.
4. She said that she wanted to change her ticket.
5. Raju asked his mother if they should leave their bags there.
6. The guide told the traveler that he/she could stay in an apartment in the city.
7. Mother told me that I should ask Rohan to come and take me.
8. She suggested that I should get up and go early the next morning.
9. She suggested driving there. / She suggested that I should drive there.
10. The motorist asked the passerby if / whether there was a garage near there.