Complete the following sentences using present or past continuous form of the verb given in the brackets. The sentences can be in the active or passive voice. This tenses worksheet is designed for students of classes 6 and 7 but it is helpful for all students.
1. Susie ———————————- on her computer. (work)
2. The scales broke when I ———————————- myself the other day. (weigh)
3. I ————————————- for the shops to open. (wait)
4. Your suit ——————————————– (clean – use passive form)
5. We phoned the plumber because water ————————————– down the walls. (run)
6. Your request ——————————— (review – use passive form)
7. She phoned while I ————————————- (cook)
8. The boys ——————————— their lessons. (learn)
9. My brother ——————————— tomorrow. (arrive)
10. The house ———————————– by the masons. (build – use passive form)
11. I ———————————- when the lights went out. (read)
12. Excuse the mess. The house ———————————- (paint – use passive form)
13. I felt as if I ————————————— (follow – use passive form)
14. Your car —————————————— (repair – use passive form)
1. Susie is working on her computer.
2. The scales broke when I was weighing myself the other day.
3. I am waiting for the shops to open.
4. Your coat is being cleaned.
5. We phoned the plumber because water was running down the walls.
6. Your request is being reviewed.
7. She phoned while I was cooking.
8. The boys are learning their lessons.
9. My brother is arriving tomorrow.
10. The house is being built by the masons.
11. I was reading when the lights went out.
12. Excuse the mess. The house is being painted.
13. I felt as if I was being followed.
14. Your car is being repaired.