Present Perfect Tense Worksheet For Class 6
This present perfect tense worksheet tests your ability to write sentences in the present perfect tense.
An example is given below.
- She / act / in many films
Using these words, we can write a sentence in the present perfect tense.
- She has acted in many films.
The present perfect tense form of the verb act is has / have acted. We use has when the subject is a singular noun or pronoun. We use have when the subject is a plural noun or pronoun.
Another example is given below.
- you / read / Gulliver’s Travels?
Here the question mark at the end indicates that you are supposed to write a question.
In the present perfect tense, we make questions by putting has or have before the subject. Here the subject is you and it takes the verb have. So we write:
- Have you read Gulliver’s Travels?
Formation of negatives
- she / not return /yet
The verb she takes the singular verb has. So we write:
- She has not returned yet.
Present perfect tense worksheet for class 6
Make sentences in the present perfect tense using the given words. The words are not necessarily given in their proper order.
1. He / just / go out
2. It / just / strike ten
3. I / never know / him to be angry
4. I / know / for / him / a long time
5. He / be ill / since last month
6. I / cut / my finger
7. The boys / all the biscuits / eat
8. We / live / for ten years / in this street
9. I / never see / a ghost
10. I / visit / all countries / in Latin America
11. That castle / on the hill / stand / for 500 years
12. The contractor / fix / the roof
13. I / since / morning / six letters / write
1. He has just gone out.
2. It has struck nine.
3. I have never known him to be angry.
4. I have known him for a long time.
5. He has been ill sine last month.
6. I have cut my finger.
7. The boys have eaten all the biscuits.
8. We have lived in this street for ten years.
9. I have never seen a ghost.
10. I have visited all countries in Latin America.
11. That castle has stood on the hill for 500 years.
12. The contractor has fixed the roof.
13. I have written six letters since morning.