Present Perfect Tense Exercise For Class 6
The present perfect tense is generally used to represent an action which has been completed within a period of time that extends up to and includes the present. The present perfect tense cannot be used with a point of time in the past. However, time adverbs that refer to a period of time extending up to the present may be mentioned.
Complete the following sentences using appropriate time adverbs.
Present perfect tense worksheet
1. Have you seen him —————————- (this morning / in this morning)?
2. Have you seen him ————————– (today / yesterday)?
3. I have never seen him ———————— (ago / before)
4. We have endured this ————————– (since / for ) three years now.
5. James has not ———————– (yet / just) returned the money he borrowed from me.
6. I have ————————– completed my thesis on astrophysics. (just / yet )
7. They have ———————— paid the dues from 1965 onwards. (already / yet)
8. I have been there —————————- (this morning / yesterday morning).
9. We have lived here ————————– twelve years now. (for / since)
10. He hasn’t come —————————- (yet / already)
1. Have you seen him this morning?
2. Have you seen him today?
3. I have never seen him before.
4. We have endured this for three years now.
5. James has not yet returned the money he borrowed from me.
6. I have just completed my thesis on astrophysics.
7. They have already paid the dues from 1965 onwards.
8. I have been there this morning.
9. We have lived here for twelve years now.
10. He hasn’t come yet.
Teachers and parents may