This English grammar worksheet is designed for students of classes 4 and 5.
Parents and teachers can print this worksheet for use at home or school. You can find more class 4 grammar worksheets here:
Unscramble the groups of words to make meaningful sentences. Capitalise where necessary.
Rearrange words to make meaningful sentences | worksheet 1
1. this we visiting Assam are summer.
2. first I quite happy was to receive prize the.
3. a should have called you him liar not.
4. I to the forgot letter post.
5. at the aim the deer took hunter.
6. the behind were the bush thieves hiding.
7. can I the see on roof something.
8. a child hand the young had holding to each woman on.
9. must we protect resources our natural.
10. upset why looking you are?
11. colours kites in of many flew the city different.
12. I dog enjoy with playing my.
1. We are visiting Assam this summer.
2. I was quite happy to receive the first prize.
3. You should not have called him a liar.
4. I forgot to post the letter.
5. The hunter took aim at the deer.
6. The thieves were hiding behind the bush.
7. I can see something on the roof.
8. The young woman had a child holding on to each hand.
9. We must protect our natural resources.
10. Why are you looking upset?
11. Kites of many different colours flew in the city.
12. I enjoy playing with my dog.
Rearrange words to make meaningful sentences | worksheet 2
This grammar exercise tests your ability to construct meaningful sentences in English.
1. I in have met them not a long time
2. letter in I was to find your my inbox delighted
3. I lying never that she was realized to me
4. has sitting at that he computer been all morning
5. spend if children a lot of on their mobile phones, it grades will time affect their
6. not I was treatment expecting this from you
7. his disappointed his failure parents
8. his, he despite never lost failures hope
9. you know to operate do this machine how
10. spoken Spanish is in many of Latin America parts
11. country India is a with a rich cultural legacy
12. me she accused of stealing tomatoes her
13. not I am going to him ever invite again
14. he what said no sense to made me
15. took months to several finish the project we
16. job I another miss deadline, I will if lose my
17. she has waiting for been the bus for hours two
18. what I don’t I should know do
19. is China larger than much India
20. work the teacher them to harder advised
1. I haven’t met them in a long time.
2. I was delighted to find your letter in my inbox.
3. I never realized that she was lying to me.
4. He has been sitting at that computer all morning.
5. If children spend a lot of time on their mobile phones, it will affect their grades.
6. I was not expecting this treatment from you.
7. His failure disappointed his parents.
8. Despite his failures, he never lost hope.
9. Do you know how to operate this machine?
10. Spanish is spoken in many parts of Latin America.
11. India is a country with a rich cultural legacy.
12. She accused me of stealing her tomatoes.
13. I am not going to invite him ever again.
14. What he said made no sense to me.
15. We took several months to finish the project.
16. If I miss another deadline, I will lose my job.
17. She has been waiting for the bus for two hours.
18. I don’t know what I should do.
19. China is much larger than India.
20. The teacher advised them to work harder.